To impart need-based training to the unemployed youth to increase their
employability in key sectors of our
* To offer full-time, part-time,
formal and non-formal programmes to upgrade the management skills in
scale business and industry.
* To provide special training for small
business development utilizing locally available resources.
* To conduct vocational training to meet
the specific needs of industry and business.
* To conduct re-training for professionals
and executives in industry, business and service sector so as to
enable them to cope with the fast changing
technological and managerial environment.
* To conduct in-service training to workers
in the industries of organized and
unorganized sectors for the enhancement
of productivity and equip them to meet the challenges of changing
* To establish partnership with industries
and commence for identifying human resource requirement and
* To make identify the training needs of specific
sectors and plan and organize suitable training programmes for
* To develop and publish training materials
for regular and distance education programmes.
* To identify the areas in which distance
education and open learning methods are appropriate, and to design
and conduct such programmes.
* To identify the employment potential
areas and to conduct competency based skill development
* To undertake such other activities as
are required to fulfill the objectives of the Centre.